TL;DR (Too Long; Didn't Read - Application Summary)
If you don't have experience with data engineering and ETL, check out our other openings on the careers page.
At-a-glance application process:
- Prepare your profile, portfolio, code samples, and summary of experience (including YOE in production by language).
- Highlight leadership experience (technical or managerial), and collaborative accomplishments
- Please review our application steps
This is a data engineering role for a growing health tech client. The client needs help to build towards product goals of understanding health and care metrics. Your role is to help with data extraction, transformation, and load(ing).
Please apply if you meet the requirements below.
- US based candidates only, for HIPAA compliance (HIPAA training will be provided)
- 4+ hours of overlap with 9am-5pm US Mountain time
- 4+ years of experience doing data engineering and ETL (emphasis on the T)
- Experience with BigQuery and Looker: building dashboards, writing queries
- Experience with schema design
- Experience with Airbyte/Airflow or similar tooling
- Experience writing custom ETL (especially python or node)
- Experience integrating vendor APIs, 3rd party data sources
- Experience working with product teams and product managers to understand and deliver data based on requirements
- Clear communication skills
We're also looking for all of these:
- Self-sufficient (can get stuff done with Trello tasks, can make decisions)
- Good communicator. Makes deadlines and estimates, raises concerns.
- Passionate, self-driven learner waiting for the opportunity to build something new and cool.
- Experience in health-tech, with health metrics, handling sensitive data
- Experience working remotely, extra points for managing remotely
- DBT experience
- Freelance experience: delivered projects, managed budget/estimate, worked with non-technical clients (most important)
- Web development: Node.js or React experience
- Can think critically, build from rough guidance
Note this is a contract opportunity and starts part-time, with likelihood to extend and ramp up to full time.
After 3-6 months we'd consider making an employment offer if we're a good fit for each other.
Please fill out the application form below.
Include code samples, screenshots, or other work of yours that you’re proud of. Examples of projects you've lead and your role (technical or managerial) would be very helpful. Where ownership is shared, please mention specifically which part of the work is yours.
Why You'll Love Working at Uplift
- We scope projects and manage the client budget, timeline and more, so you don't have to.
- We offer you a team and shared resources to help you take on bigger client projects if you’re turning down opportunities.
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance, like everyone else at the company.
- Embark on your own self-driven career path with opportunities for positions like tech lead.
- Work on many different projects and cross-pollinate all the lessons and solutions.
- Work remotely: avoid a time and energy drain of a commute. Uplift has been remote-first since inception.
- Get together in person once a year for a company offsite.
- Indulge in the freedom to design your own work schedule, whether that includes a four day work week, evening hours, or whatever suits you and your lifestyle, so long as it's clearly communicated.
- You get access to Paul & Marius, two of the brightest minds in engineering & consulting.
- Uplift has no investors, other than our team, and thus no one who can dictate the future of our company or our products. We have ultimate freedom in the projects that we choose.
As a member of our team we value your opinion. We also respect the skills you bring to our company.
**We are constantly on the lookout for people who can join us. If you've got what it takes, we'll find a way to include you.**
NOTE: We are currently considering only full-stack engineers. Please check out our other openings on the careers page.