TL;DR (Too Long; Didn't Read - Application Summary)
You do not need to be an experienced manager to apply, but you must be willing to interact with clients weekly, and demonstrate clear communication skills along with technical expertise.
If you're not interested in leadership or management, check out our other openings on the careers page.
At-a-glance application process:
- Prepare your profile, portfolio, code samples, and summary of experience (including YOE in production by language).
- Highlight leadership experience (technical or managerial), and collaborative accomplishments
- Please review our application steps
You are a well-rounded engineer who enjoys breaking down client requirements into technical details, managing estimates and timelines, mentoring and working closely with engineers, and deeply care about product experience.
You value quality software, and are also pragmatic about deliverables within constraints of time or budget. You enjoy the challenge and finding the right balance.
- 4+ hours of overlap with 9am-5pm US Mountain time
- 6+ years of experience doing software development
- 3+ years of experience with React, TypeScript
- 3+ years of experience with backend (Node.js, Python, or Ruby)
- either of these two: (1) a strong eye for UX and UI, or (2) experience with backend architecture, performance, and databases
- 2+ years of experience leading a team, either from a technical perspective (lead engineer), or as engineering manager
- experience running sprints or kanban development, coordinating launches and project timelines/deadlines
- clear communication, fluent in English
- attention to detail while also keeping a constant eye on the big picture
- Experience with React Native for mobile development
- Freelance experience: delivered projects, managed budget/estimate, worked with non-technical clients (most important)
- Vercel, Digital Ocean or Heroku
- SQL experience
- Can think critically, build from rough specs
Note this is a contract opportunity. After 3-6 months we'd consider making an employment offer if we're a good fit for each other.
Please fill out the application form below.
Include code samples, screenshots, or other work of yours that you’re proud of. Where ownership is shared, please mention specifically which part of the work is yours.
Why You'll Love Working at Uplift
- We find the work for you!
- We offer you a team and shared resources to help you take on bigger client projects if you’re turning down opportunities.
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance, like everyone else at the company.
- Embark on your own self-driven career path with opportunities for positions like tech lead.
- Work on many different projects and cross-pollinate all the lessons and solutions.
- Work remotely: avoid a time and energy drain of a commute. Uplift has been remote-first since inception.
- Get together in person once a year for a company offsite.
- Indulge in the freedom to design your own work schedule, whether that includes a four day work week, evening hours, or whatever suits you and your lifestyle, so long as it's clearly communicated.
- You get access to Paul & Marius, two of the brightest minds in engineering & consulting.
- Uplift has no investors, other than our team, and thus no one who can dictate the future of our company or our products. We have ultimate freedom in the projects that we choose.
As a member of our team we value your opinion. We also respect the skills you bring to our company.
**We are constantly on the lookout for people who can join us. If you've got what it takes, we'll find a way to include you.**Apply Now