Remote Project Manager: Contract or Contract-to-hire
We have multiple projects, some internal and some for clients, that we need help managing. It’s a collaborative role, working closely with both Engineering and Design, as well as managing communication with the Client.
If you're not a PM, check out our other openings on the careers page.
Why You'll Love Working at Uplift
- We find the work for you!
- We offer you a team and shared resources to help you take on bigger client projects if you’re turning down opportunities.
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance, like everyone else at the company.
- Embark on your own self-driven career path.
- Work on many different projects and cross-pollinate all the lessons and solutions.
- Work remotely: avoid a time and energy drain of a commute. Uplift has been remote-first since inception.
- Get together in person once a year for a company offsite.
- Indulge in the freedom to design your own work schedule, whether that includes a four day work week, evening hours, or whatever suits you and your lifestyle, so long as it's clearly communicated.
- You get access to Paul & Marius, two of the brightest minds in engineering & consulting.
- Uplift has no investors, other than our team, and thus no one who can dictate the future of our company or our products. We have ultimate freedom in the projects that we choose.
As a member of our team we value your opinion. We also respect the skills you bring to our company.
We are constantly on the lookout for people who can join us. If you've got what it takes, we'll find a way to include you.
- help define and maintain the project roadmap
- create release notes, conduct status meetings and demonstrations to clients, and review client input
- manage sprints and team communications
- test, validate, and iterate on all aspects of the product experience
- attention to detail in both requirements and validation
- execute plans to hit existing commitments and deadlines
- scope, document, and validate roadmapped features to help prioritize them in upcoming sprints
- oversee quality assurance for all applications, including feature testing, regression, and release support
- translate business requirements into detailed functional requirements with clear acceptance criteria for engineering team
- support daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives and manage the end-to-end design / build / test / release process
- ability to run efficient meetings, put together summaries, facilitate discussion with our remote team, and present project details to team and clients
Why we’ll love you
- Always put the user first, and build a deep well of understanding and compassion for the project, the clients, and the users
- You adhere to a strict sprint process that allows the team to maintain focus
- You’re focused on the goal and prioritize work accordingly
- You handle constraints with grace
- The ability to be autonomous, driven, and self-directed
- Strong operational business understanding, ability to work with business owners to build requirements
- ability to translate consumers insights into product requirements and acceptance criteria, working closely with engineering teams to deliver great products
- Demonstrated ability to understand, evaluate, and plan technical ideas and solutions
- You are a self-starter who is very comfortable setting your own agenda
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop
Qualifications & Experience
- 3 or more years technical product management experience
- Strong Analytical skills, including the ability to derive insights from data sets, analyze product usage, measure adoption, and understand client needs
- Expert communication skills that can leverage the benefits—and overcome the drawbacks—of a remote distributed engineering team
- Deep experience crafting product requirements and specifications
- Understanding of UI/UX design concepts, principles, best practices, and tools
- An eye for, and appreciation of, good visual design and clean user experiences
- Experience with JIRA, Trello, GitHub
Note this is a contract opportunity. After 3-6 months we'd consider making an employment offer if we're a good fit for each other.
Please fill out the application form below.
Include details about your recent projects and how you helped lead the way and improve processes, what makes you a great fit as an early-stage project manager, your consulting experience.