Remote Frontend Software Engineer: Contract or Contract-to-hire
TL;DR (Too Long; Didn't Read - Application Summary)
This application includes a React/TypeScript assessment.
Check out our other openings on the careers page.
At-a-glance application process:
- Prepare your profile, portfolio, code samples, and summary of experience (including YOE in production by language).
- Highlight leadership experience (technical or managerial), and collaborative accomplishments
- Please review our application steps for software engineers
Why You'll Love Working at Uplift
- We find the work for you!
- We offer you a team and shared resources to help you take on bigger client projects if you're turning down opportunities.
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance, like everyone else at the company.
- Embark on your own self-driven career path with opportunities for positions like tech lead.
- Work on many different projects and cross-pollinate all the lessons and solutions.
- Work remotely: avoid a time and energy drain of a commute. Uplift has been remote-first since inception.
- Get together in person once a year for a company offsite.
- Indulge in the freedom to design your own work schedule, whether that includes a four day work week, evening hours, or whatever suits you and your lifestyle, so long as it's clearly communicated.
- You get access to Paul & Marius, two of the brightest minds in engineering & consulting.
- Uplift has no investors, other than our team, and thus no one who can dictate the future of our company or our products. We have ultimate freedom in the projects that we choose.
Join us in contributing to a better world. We donate a percentage of our profits each year to a charity or nonprofit of our choice. Choose with us!
As a member of our team we value your opinion. We also respect the skills you bring to our company.
We are constantly on the lookout for people who can join us. If you've got what it takes, we’ll find a way to include you.
- 4+ hours of overlap with 9am-5pm US Mountain time
- 3+ years of experience on frontend (React, TypeScript)
- GraphQL (Apollo, schema design, input validation, etc)
- UI experience (understands components, HTML, CSS layouts)
- Self-sufficient (can get stuff done with Trello tasks or JIRA tickets, can make decisions)
- Good communicator. Makes deadlines and estimates, raises concerns.
- Passionate, self-driven learner waiting for the opportunity to build something new and cool.
- Freelance experience: delivered projects, managed budget/estimate, worked with non-technical clients (most important)
- Heroku experience
- Backend experience: Node or Django/python
- Excellent CSS skills
- Mobile experience (React Native, or native iOS/Android)
- Can think critically, build from rough specs (no designs or detailed specs)
What to Include
Note this is a contract opportunity. After 3-6 months we'd consider making an employment offer if we're a good fit for each other.
Please fill out the application form below.
Include code samples, screenshots, or other work of yours that you’re proud of. Examples of projects you've lead and your role (technical or managerial) would be very helpful. Where ownership is shared, please mention specifically which part of the work is yours.